Friday, August 28, 2009

Words Alive Discussion/Piece of Cake Memoir


Yesterday that we had the discussion of Piece of Cake I enjoyed everything. I was the facilitator of the discussion. When we first started the discussion I was so nervous. Then I started getting involved with all the ladies in the group. The discussion was about how hard it was for Cupcake the protagonist of the book to not have someone by her side to love her. Cupcake had a life of prostitution, used drugs and gang member. When I started reading the book I couldn't believe everything Cupcake was going through so young at 11 years old. That's when the terror started in her life. To tell you the truth I recommend this book to everyone. What I learned is that life is not too easy for other people. I think I'll never understand why life is so hard on humans.

No comments: